Running is a great way to get in shape, but it’s important to fuel your body properly before, during, and after a run. Here are some of the best foods to eat before, during, and after a run.
Before a run:
- Fruit or vegetable smoothie
- Bowl of oatmeal with bananas and honey
- Toast with peanut butter and jelly
During a run:
- Energy gel or chews
- Sports drinks like Gatorade or Powerade
After a run:
- Chocolate milk
- Fruit or vegetable juice
- Bowl of cereal with milk
- Sandwich with lean protein like turkey or chicken
Fueling your body properly before, during, and after a run will help you perform your best and recover quickly. So make sure to include these foods in your diet if you’re planning on going for a run!