APSU Govs suffer defeat against UTC
Austin Peay State University Sports Information
Chattanooga, TN – Austin Peay State University (APSU) men’s tennis suffered defeat at the hands of Chattanooga, 7-0, Saturday, at the Strang-Voges Tennis Center.
Austin Peay Men’s Tennis loses to Chattanooga, Saturday. (APSU Sports Information)
The Governors (0-4) could not get a lot going on the day as the Mocs (2-3) claimed the doubles point with wins at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles.
The duo of Christian Edison and Chad Woodham pushed their opponents to the brink at No. 3 doubles, but fell in a close one, 7-5.
Things did not start much better in singles for the Govs, as Hunter Sanders was the only Gov to take the first set of his match. Despite pushing his opponent to a third set, Sanders eventually fell, 2-6, 6-3, 6-4, and the Mocs won the remaining singles matches in straight sets.
The Govs return home next Tuesday to take on NAIA school Cumberland University.
Results, Chattanooga 7, Austin Peay 0
1. Simon Bustamente/Kerim Hyatt (UTC) def. Almantas Ozelis/Anton Damberg (APSU) 6-2
2. Niklas Gerdes/Tomas Rodriguez (UTC) def. Timo Kiesslich/Jacob Lorino (APSU) 6-2
3. Jacon Marshall/Pablo Llebeili (UTC) def. Christian Edison/Chad Woodham (APSU) 7-5
1. Niklas Gerdes (UTC) def. Almantas Ozelis (APSU) 7-5, 6-3
2. Tomas Rodriguez (UTC) def. Timo Kiesslich (APSU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Kerim Hyatt (UTC) def. Anton Damberg (APSU) 6-4, 6-4
4. Simon Bustamente (UTC) def. Jacob Lorino (APSU) 6-4, 7-5
5. Jacob Marshall (UTC) def. Chad Woodham (APSU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Pablo Llebeili (UTC) def. Hunter Sanders (APSU) 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
Order of finish: Doubles (1, 2, 3); Singles (2, 5, 4, 1, 3, 6)