APSU Sports Information
Clarksville, TN – Austin Peay State University (APSU)’s baseball team will hold a mandatory meeting for walk-on tryouts at 5:00pm, Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 at Raymond C. Hand Park.
Austin Peay Baseball tooks to improve it OVC Tournament position heading into weekend series at SIU Edwardsville.
Austin Peay students interested in participating in walk-on tryouts, which will be held September 12th, must contact assistant coach David Weber (email@example.com or 931.221.7902) to obtain the compliance form that will need to be completed prior to the tryout.
In addition, students interested in participating in the tryout must bring the following to the September 5th meeting:
- Documentation of a physical examination by a licensed physician (MD or DO) within the last six (6) months that clears the non-student-athlete to participate in the team try-out;
- Documentation of testing for sickle cell trait;
- Proof of valid insurance that covers athletic injuries;
- A signed Assumption of Risk Release Waiver for Tryouts;
- Must be registered with the NCAA Initial-Eligibility Center (www.eligbilitycenter.org);
- Must be currently enrolled on main campus in at least 12 hours of classes;
- On September 12th, individuals must bring their own baseball cleats, glove and wear baseball pants.
About APSU Sports Information
Austin Peay State University Sports Information provides the latest news and updates on the Athletic endeavors of the student-athletes at APSU. Under the direction of Brad Kirtley, the APSU SID’s office consists of Cody Bush, and Colby Wilson. To contact the APSU Sports Information office, contact, 931.221.7561.
Web Site: http://www.apsugovernors.com
SectionsAssociations, Austin Peay State University, Baseball, Colleges, Featured Story, NCAA, Ohio Valley Conference, Sports
TopicsAPSU, APSU Athletics, APSU Baseball, APSU Men's Baseball, APSU Sports, Austin Peay State University, Baseball Tryouts, Clarksville TN, David Weber, Ohio Valley Conference, OVC, Raymond C. Hand Park, Tryouts