Clarksville TN – The nomination period for the third Clarksville Sports Legends Awards has been extended through February 5th, 2013! The City of Clarksville Parks & Recreation Department will once again honor both current and past coaches who are or have made a unique difference and solid contribution to sports and athletics in the Clarksville-Montgomery County area.
Winning coaches will be honored at the 2013 Legends Award Banquet which will be held February 28th, 2013, beginning at 6:30pm at Freedom Point at Liberty Park. Coaches that are currently coaching or coached in 2012 are invited to attend this free event. A ticket is required to attend and can be reserved at the City of Clarksville Parks & Recreation main office or online at www.cityofclarksville.com/legends. Because of space limitations, there are only 120 tickets available. Last day to pick up a ticket is February 22.The Legends Awards consists of two categories: Coach of the Year and Legends Old School Coach. Nominated coaches will be judged according to a narrative including the following criteria:
· Contribution- Discuss how the coach clearly goes the extra mile.
· Effectiveness- Discuss how the coach has used their skills to steadily improve the performance of the athletes and team and thereby identify success through awards, championships or titles.
· Development- Discuss how coach helped to build character and life skills among the athletes. Also, how the coach has furthered his own skills through various training, certificates, etc to foster teamwork.
· Leadership- Discuss examples of coach’s high ideals of ethics, sportsmanship and display of positivity to athletes, parents and fans.
· Commitment- Discuss how coach’s number of years dedicated to coaching had an impact on the athletes and community.
All Coach of the Year nominees must reside or coach in Clarksville/Montgomery County and have coached a sport to completion during the 2012 calendar year. One coach who has made a notable contribution to a sport in the local community will be recognized and will take home top honors, the Coach of the Year Award.
The Legends Old School Coach Award will recognize coaches who have made a tremendous impact on the lives of athletes in the community in prior years and is no longer coaching; has retired or who are now deceased. Those nominating a coach should be sure and specify which award they are nominating.
Nomination forms are available to pick up at the Parks & Recreation Main Office, downloaded or completed online at www.cityofclarksville.com/legends. All nomination forms must be received by 4:30 p.m., February 5.
For more details on the Clarksville Sports Legends Awards, please contact the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Office at 645-7476 or visit www.cityofclarksville.com.
About Hank Bonecutter
Hank is a forty year broadcast veteran, talk show host, writer, producer, and stand-up comedian. Hank is the President of Bonehead Promotions and Clarksville Sports Network.com, and is a contributing author/journalist for Clarksville Online. Hank is an advertising consultant, and social media adviser/manager for exclusive customers.
Web Site: http://clarksvillesportsnetwork.com/
SectionsFeatured Story, Uncategorized
TopicsCity of Clarksville Parks and Recreation, Clarksville Sports Legends Awards, Clarksville TN, Coach of the Year, Freedom Point, Legends Award Banquet, Legends Old School Coach, Liberty Park, Montgomery County TN