NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The NFL finally ruled on Kenny Britt Thursday, suspending the fourth-year receiver for one game to start the 2012 regular season.
Britt, who said Thursday night he would “just take it on the chin,” will miss Tennessee’s regular season opener vs. New England Sept. 9 at LP Field and return for the team’s Week 2 contest at San Diego.
Head coach Mike Munchak said after Thursday’s preseason finale vs. New Orleans that Britt is healthy and “ready to get after it.”
“The league made a decision on what they wanted to do, he understands that and now we know the consequence,” Munchak said. “So, he’ll miss this week and we’ll have him back the rest of the season. We’re excited about that. I know he is, as far as once he gets this behind him he will be. He’s worked hard and he’ll do what the league has asked him to do, obviously, and then we’ll have him back in the fold for the second game.”
Britt was activated from the physically unable to perform list Tuesday after recovering from a left knee injury. He had been working hard all off-season to be back in time for the start of the season.
“He is such a special player, anytime you can have him on the field it’s a benefit to our football team, for sure,” quarterback Jake Locker added.
SectionsFeatured Story, NFL, Sports, Tennessee Titans
TopicsClarksville, Clarksville Sports Network, football, Jake Locker, Kenny Britt, LP Field, New England Patriots, NFL, pro football, quarterback Jake Locker, Tennessee, Tennessee Titans, Titans